Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 35 - Phone Issues

Friday, May 8th, 5:55pm - I am sending this from a computer in Dennis Cove TN. I bought another phone at Walmart today, plus a hundred dollar card. Unfortunately no
service here so can't activate yet. Am charging up, and will attempt to activate tomorrow, and will call you if successful. I understand from Gary Alexander that my original phone has not yet arrived at your house. If still correct please call the Holiday Inn Express in Erwin, TN, and see if it ever went out. I suppose UPS may not have made a delivery there, and so they are still hanging on it. Who knows. At this point, the phone should be mailed to me at Troutdale, VA, which is the next resupply point after Damascus. We should be there in about a week.
I will try to get back on this computer late tonight or tomorrow morning very early. If you get this message please respond, and include the phone number for the faculty voicemail, so I can start sending updates again.
All is well here, but Mark and I are getting very tired of rain, rain, and more rain. Just our luck, it seems it's the wettest year in quite some time, at least according to the locals here. We finished 400 miles yesterday, and expect to be in Virginia (Damascus) late Monday or midday Tuesday. We're hoping VA will be a bit easier and drier than NC and TN. Seeya....
- Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment